The following awards will be presented during the 2016 NCSBA Annual Conference slated for November 16-18 at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro.
- Raleigh Dingman Award - The Raleigh Dingman Award is the highest honor bestowed on a North Carolina school board member each year and is named in honor of Raleigh Dingman, NCSBA’s first full-time executive secretary. Since 2003, recipients of this honor have served as an ex-officio member of the NC State Board of Education and the NCSBA Board of Directors. The honoree will be expected to attend meetings of both organizations. Access entry information here.
- County Commissioners of the Year - This honor is presented to a board of county commissioners that has demonstrated extraordinary leadership that advances student achievement in the district. Access entry information here.
- School Board Member Leadership Award – This honor recognizes a school board member who has demonstrated extraordinary leadership during the 2015-2016 school year. Unlike the Raleigh Dingman Award that focuses on longevity and requires the honoree to attend State Board and NCSBA board meetings, the School Board Member Leadership Award is an excellent opportunity to for a board to recognize new members on the team that have made a positive difference for students and the community. Access entry information here.
- School Board Leadership Award - This honor is presented to one school board for extraordinary leadership during the 2015-2016 school year. Access entry information here.
- Award for Excellence in Educational Programs - This award will be given to school boards in recognition of exemplary education programs that maximize student achievement. Access entry information here.
- Award for Excellence in Architectural Design - The NCSBA Award for Excellence in Architectural Design is a People’s Choice Award given to architects for the building design of public schools. The goal is to raise awareness and discussion among board members about the relationship between good design and effective teaching and learning. Architectural firms may submit exemplary design projects that enhance teaching and learning. Access entry information here.