The North Carolina School Boards Association (NCSBA) announced the winners of three statewide student contests held in conjunction with the NCSBA Annual Conference for Board Member Development: an elementary school poster contest, middle school video contest, and high school video contest. Students were asked to create posters and 45- to 60-second videos around the theme, What’s Super about Public Schools? The conference was held in Greensboro November 18-20.
NCSBA’s Elementary Poster Contest recognizes first-, second-, and third-place winners in two grade level groups – K-2 and 3-5. Each winner received a certificate and art kit that will be presented during an upcoming local school board meeting. Poster contest winners were as follows:
In the K-2 category
- First Place – Olivia Rosenberger, 2nd grade, Chicod Elementary, Pitt County
- Second Place – Anna Paynter, 2nd grade, Vaughan Elementary, Warren County
- Third Place – The students of Ms. Marshburn’s K-2 Satellite, Self-Contained EC class, Southeast Elementary, Lenoir County
In the Grades 3-5 category
- First Place – Sophia Elks, 3rd grade, Chicod Elementary, Pitt County
- Second Place – Emery Rollins, 5th grade, New Hope Elementary School, Wilson County
- Third Place – Finley Deans, 3rd grade, Rock Ridge Elementary, Wilson County
Included in the gallery below are the winning and honorable mention posters. Enjoy!