The 2018 NCSBA Fall Law Conference will be held on Oct. 17-19, 2018 in Asheville. All conference activities will be held at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel, nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the city’s vibrant downtown scene.
Designed for board members, board attorneys, and school administrators alike, this year’s conference will include a variety of timely legal topics with a focus on school safety issues.
On Wednesday, October 17, registration will open at noon and the conference program will run from 1:00 to 5:30 p.m. Conference activities on Thursday and Friday will begin with a continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m. with legal presentations beginning at 8:00 a.m. and ending at 12:30 p.m. each day.
******New Conference and Hotel Registration Process*****
Due to the high demand for sleeping accommodations, the Renaissance Hotel room reservation process will be initiated using NCSBA’s online conference registration form. The only way to secure a hotel room at the Renaissance at the NCSBA Fall Law Conference rate is to register for the room at the same time that you register to attend the conference on the NCSBA webpage.
- Click the green registration button above.
- Select an attendee and indicate the registration preference.
- If the attendee would like to stay at the Renaissance Asheville Hotel during the conference, complete the housing questions indicating the day the person wants to check in, the day the person wants to check out, and the type of room the attendee wants—i.e. either “doubles” or a “king.”
- Indicate if the attendee has special requests—i.e. handicap room, lower level, etc.
- Provide the name of the contact person for confirmation of the hotel reservation. (In most cases this will be the board assistant.) The contact person should receive a communication from the Renaissance within 7 days from the time the online registration form is submitted. At that time, the Renaissance staff person will need appropriate credit card information to secure the reservation and provide the contact person with a confirmation number.
NCSBA has a limited number of rooms at the Renaissance at the conference rate. The room block fills up quickly. It is best to make your hotel reservation request at the same time that you register an attendee for the conference. We have implemented this new process to make sure the conference rate hotel rooms are available to registered participants of the Fall Law Conference. If you have any questions about registration, please contact Debbie Shinbara at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (919) 747-6698.