Core Training is NCSBA’s foundational sessions for new and veteran board members. Participants learn to strengthen their governance skills and solidify their boardsmanship foundation.
This two-day session will cover leadership, advocacy, and the required ethics training for school board members. Core Training topics include the following.
- Leadership Training – basic boardsmanship dos and don’ts, board/superintendent roles and responsibilities, school finance, and school board liability.
- Advocacy Training – board members’ advocacy work, a legislative update on current issues, NCSBA’s member-approved legislative agenda, and a how-to talk on effectively engaging legislators.
- School Law Training – the required ethics training for school board members, maintaining legally compliant policies for schools, and access to NC’s open meetings law and public records law videos.
- Hampton Inn: 1229 Wake Towne Dr, Raleigh, NC 27609, (919) 831-4700
- Fairfield Inn: 6408 Capital Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27616, (919) 878-1120
- Courtyard Marriott: 3401 Sumner Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27616, (919) 645-0088