The 2021 NCSBA Summer Leadership Seminars and Policy Conference is back in person! The dates are June 14-18 at the Courtyard Marriott in Carolina Beach. Take a look at our Policy Conference draft agenda. Details regarding daily programming for the Summer Leadership Seminars is forthcoming.
Your health and well-being are our number one priority. On May 14, Governor Cooper announced that the state will remove its indoor mask mandate for most large group events, effective immediately. Additionally, the state will lift all mass gathering limits and social distancing requirements. In response to this announcement, NCSBA is pleased to expand the Summer Leadership/Policy Conference sessions to a maximum capacity of 90 attendees. With this in mind, the following protocols will be implemented for the daily seminars.
- The room will be set in crescent rounds of six per table. Participants will not be socially distanced.
- Unvaccinated participants are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- Vaccinated individuals are encouraged but not required to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be available at the registration table.
- If you start to feel sick or display COVID-19 symptoms, you will not be permitted to attend any conference activities or come within six feet of others. Please remain in your hotel room and notify Angela Hunter, email@example.com, during the Summer Leadership Seminars or Nancy Black, firstname.lastname@example.org, during the Policy Conference.
Conference pre-registration is required. The cost per day is $199 and includes materials, continental breakfast, and mid-morning break. Registrations are on a first-come, first-served basis.
NCSBA has secured a limited block of rooms at the Courtyard Marriott at the rate of $229 per night plus tax. Reservations must be initiated through NCSBA if you would like to stay at the Courtyard Marriott. During the registration process, simply select the option for the day registration plus hotel stay.
Any registered participant uncomfortable attending the meetings at full capacity may cancel conference registration for a full refund. Registration cancellations must be received on or before 5 p.m. on Thursday, May 20, by emailing Chadae Lewis at email@example.com.
Individuals on the Waitlist
Members currently on the waitlist will be notified by email to determine if they still want to attend the conference as seats become available. Please note that currently there are more individuals on the waitlist than the room can accommodate.
Participants staying at the Courtyard Marriott receive one free parking space per guest room. Offsite participants or guest rooms that have more than one vehicle must park in public parking spaces. Note that fees apply for the public parking spaces.
The entire hotel, including balconies, is smoke free. Inquire at the front desk for the designated smoking areas. The hotel is not a pet-friendly property.
- Marriott Commitment to Clean for increased cleaning and disinfection
- Carolina Beach information
- Planning a trip to Carolina Beach
- COVID-19 Information Hub (Office of the Governor)
- CDC Guidelines for Travel (CDC.gov)
For more information about this event, call us at 919-841-4040.