All items listed under the Nomination Specifications must be received by NCSBA on or before September 30, 2020.
This honor is presented to a board of county commissioners that has demonstrated extraordinary leadership that advances student achievement. Please read the criteria, eligibility requirements, and nomination specifications before submitting your application. All instructions must be followed, or the entry may be disqualified.
Criteria for Consideration
The board receiving the award will have demonstrated a focus on the community’s schools through collaboration with the school board, local agencies, and community groups.
- Nominated by the local school board
- Completed nomination form
- A one-page narrative about the county commissioners’ leadership work on behalf of the district’s schools
- Photo of the full board, 300 dpi minimum
- Optional supporting materials, such as news articles, promotional handouts, etc.
Optional Backup Materials
The judges will make decisions based on the one-page narrative. Backup materials to support the nomination are welcome.
Click here to download entry forms. Word format PDF format