The Innovation and Excellence in Public Education Award recognizes exemplary work undertaken by school boards that creatively found solutions to challenges faced in their district.
Examples of challenges faced by districts could be, but are not limited to:
- Student Achievement
- School Safety
- Student Absenteeism
- Community and Parental Involvement
- Technology and Learning Solutions
- Teacher Education and Retention
The program and/or creative approach must have been recently implemented within the last four school years and able to provide meaningful results.
Boards must provide the following:
- A one-page narrative describing the program and/or creative approach developed to solve identified challenge
- Summary statement of how the program and/or creative approach has helped improve the school district
All submissions for the Innovation and Excellence in Public Education award must include the official endorsement form.
Optional Backup Materials
Backup materials to support the nomination are encouraged (pictures, publications, etc.).
All items listed under the nomination specifications must be received by NCSBA on or before September 30, 2022.
Click here to download forms. Word format PDF format