NCSBA is asking elementary school students to express their thoughts and ideas to tell What’s Super About Public Schools. Member elementary schools are invited to submit a poster that conveys the contest theme. There are two submission categories: kindergarten through second grade (K-2) and third through fifth grade (3-5).
The contest is open to NCSBA member district elementary schools. NCSBA is the professional organization that represents 116 local boards of education in North Carolina. It is a member-driven association that supports the school governance team – school board members, superintendents, senior administrative staff, and board assistants – in its complex leadership role. The association helps develop, communicate, and advocate for the perspective of North Carolina school districts.
The following criteria must be met before submission:
- Poster completed by an elementary (K-5) student only.
- Poster displayed on paper no bigger than 11 x 17 poster paper
- The following art mediums may be used: crayons, colored pencils, watercolors, acrylic or poster paint, and/or markers.
- Use original artwork only (no trademarked or copyrighted material, i.e. logos, symbols, or characters).
- Student’s name, grade, school, and school district must be the title of images. Please mail poster to the address below.
- No identifying information should be displayed on the front of the poster.
Please include a brief written statement from the artist defining “What’s Super About Public Schools!”
Click here for the submission form.
The top posters from each submission category, as determined by the judges, will be displayed during the 2019 NCSBA Annual Conference that will be held in Greensboro, November 18-20, 2019. Each category will have a first, second, and third place winner. Recognition certificate and prize will be given to respective board members attending the annual conference.
Posters must be postmarked no later than October 17, 2019, and mailed to the address below. NCSBA will return all posters to district participants attending the annual conference.
NCSBA Poster Contest
PO Box 97877
Raleigh, NC 27624-7877
Posters will be judged on how well they address the topic, the quality of work, and creativity of the poster.