NCSBA is asking elementary school students to express their thoughts and ideas to tell What’s Super About Public Schools. Member elementary schools are invited to submit a poster that conveys the contest theme. There are two submission categories: kindergarten through second grade (K-2) and third through fifth grade (3-5).
The contest is open to NCSBA member district elementary schools. NCSBA is the professional organization that represents 116 local boards of education in North Carolina. It is a member-driven association that supports the school governance team – school board members, superintendents, senior administrative staff, and board assistants – in its complex leadership role. The association helps develop, communicate, and advocate for the perspective of North Carolina school districts.
The following criteria must be met:
- The poster must be completed by an elementary (K-5) student only.
- Final artwork size can be no larger than 11 x 17 inches
- The following art mediums may be used: crayons, colored pencils, watercolors, acrylic or poster paint, and/or markers.
- Use original artwork only (no trademarked or copyrighted material, i.e. logos, symbols, or characters).
- Clearly write the student’s name, grade, school, and school district on the back of the artwork. No identifying information should be on the front of the poster.
Media Permission Form
Students that place or earn honorable mention will have their artwork and name, grade level, school, and school district be posted on NCSBA’s website and social media sites. Be sure to obtain appropriate permission according to your district’s board policies and procedures.
The top posters from each submission category, as determined by the judges, will be displayed during the 2019 NCSBA Annual Conference that will be held in Greensboro, November 18-20, 2019. Each category will have a first-, second-, and third-place winner. A recognition certificate and prize will be given to respective board members attending the annual conference.
Posters must be postmarked no later than October 17, 2019, and mailed to the address below. NCSBA will return all posters to district participants attending the annual conference.
NCSBA Poster Contest
PO Box 97877
Raleigh, NC 27624-7877
Posters will be judged on how well they address the topic, the quality of work, and creativity of the poster.